1. Some people will value what you do, some people won't. Don't take it personally.
2. It is OK to put your prices up - that's life. Some people won't like it but that's life.
3. Staff will come and go, regardless of how well they are treated. They have their reasons which they may want to keep private. Respect your staff and they will respect you. Always part on good terms.
4. Men are hard to sell to. You could have the best product/service in the world and many just won't buy it. But, it doesn't mean you shouldn't try if you genuinely believe they need it.
5. Other businesses will want you to promote them but will/may not promote you.
6. Do a great job, offer expert advice, talk to people about their hair and they will trust you and keep coming back.
7. Customer loyalty is a wonderful thing, but you can't expect it. New places open all the time and for some people a change is as good as a rest. Nobody has a magic wand that will make everyone come back forever, although it doesn't hurt to try.
8. Cash is king, but people appreciate alternatives.
9. Keep learning new skills and practicing them. People appreciate you trying something new (generally).
10. Busy weeks are often followed by quiet weeks, and vice versa. Don't get carried away by a good week, don't let a slow week get you down.