1. NEW PRICE LIST - Thanks to your amazing support, we have grown and grown over the last 4 years. The flip side is we have HAD to become VAT registered. We have no choice in this matter and while we do not wish to pass the full cost of this on, we do need to pass some of it on via a modest price increase on some services to help offset the financial effects of this significant burden.
With effect from 1st June, haircuts will rise £2, OAPs' haircuts will rise £1.
This will negate less than half of the impact of VAT but we hope you will stay with us so we can raise the rest via continued growth and the introduction of new services.
2. STAFF AVAILABILITY - Please plan ahead...summer is a busy time for holidays, even for our staff. Even if you do not wish to book online, you can check staff availability at this link.
3. HAIR REPLACEMENT - We shall be introducing a non-surgical hair replacement service in June. More details to follow. In the meantime, we shall be working on a new web page (and possibly an entirely new site) separate Facebook page and pricing. If you would like to be kept informed, please message us via our existing contact page here. For an idea of how it looks, please watch this video.
4. FATHERS DAY, Sunday 17th June - Did you know we do gift vouchers? Treat your dad to something a bit different this year. If he's bald, that's fine....some of our best clients are bald. How about a nice relaxing luxury hot towel shave or a beard trim? Vouchers can be bought in store or at this link.
5. ARMED FORCES DAY, Saturday 30th June - To show our gratitude to serving members of HM Armed Forces, anyone producing a valid MOD Form 90 can have a free haircut in the week preceding Armed Forces Day. This offer can not be booked online, sorry. Further details at this link.
6. CHARITY WALK - In June, Lee will be taking two weeks off to complete the Wainwrights coast-to-coast walk in memory of his late mother. He intends to raise money for Wakefield Hospice who did an amazing job in providing compassionate palliative care care for her. A collection box will soon be available in the shop. All donations will be gratefully received.
7. THREE GREAT REASONS TO DOWNLOAD OUR APP
* Ability to book easily online 24/7 * Regular special offers for app users only * Loyalty/reward card - previous rewards have been branded T shirts, mugs and free shaves/beard trims. What would you like us to offer next?
8. COMPETITION - Win a bottle of JD AND a Philip Nicholas Experience (worth £45) when you check in online at Philip Nicholas with a selfie, using #leedsbarber. Winners picked on 31st May and 30th June. 18+ only.
9. SPECIAL REQUEST - Do you work shifts? Do you work from home? Are you retired? Are you having a weekday off? Are you home from uni?
If the answer is yes, we respectfully request that you try to book an appointment through the week to free up weekend slots for those who may be unable to come at other times. It can be doubly frustrating to turn people away at the weekend if it has been quiet during the week. Your kind understanding and assistance in this matter would be very much appreciated.